I ran back to my dorm, passing a few people along the way. I asked them if they had heard, but I can't remember their responses. When I got back to the dorm there were at least 50 people standing around the common-area TV watching the news in disbelief. The longer we stood there, the more people gathered. Afterwards I chatted on AIM with a friend who had just begun at NYU. While chatting he said he watched the second tower fall. I called my mom. Now I'm not sure why - I suppose that's just what you do when a nation-wise crisis like that happens.
In chapel we had an all-campus time of prayer. I still have some passages of scripture highlighted with that date on it. The rest of the day is a blur. Memories of feeling in disbelief overshadow anything else that happened.
What are your memories from 9/11/01?
It was my Jr. year of HS. I remember my parents waking me up...saying something terrible had happened. I remember just staring at the TV in my pajamas, hugging my Mom, not really knowing what to do or think. And then we saw the 2nd tower fall...yeah. We prayed. I went to school. Had Miss Mayder's class-- and she let us have the TV on and we wrote in our journals. I remember hugging my friends a lot, praying a lot...thinking "nothing will ever be the same."
ReplyDelete