I knew before having her that I'd want to dress her much like I'd dress myself, but never knew exactly how difficult it would be to find clothes of this nature. Most baby clothes have icons or pictures on them. Also, variety is limited on stores - in the newborn section all I seem to find are those one-piece sleepers. And there's nothing wrong with this, I simply prefer something a little more plain, or "adult-like."
Another thing that's been hard to find is girl's jeans. I enjoy dressing her in jeans, just like myself. But apparently the baby clothing industry must think other parents aren't generally interested in doing so. Most of the baby jeans I can find are either for boys or in a 12 month size or larger. This is somewhat surprising to me, and I wonder if any other mothers of young girls have encountered the same problem.



you didn't tell me you had a blog?! i saw jeans at Target starting at 3 months the other day. you really do have her dressing like an adult in the picture above. just white and brown!
ReplyDeleteI agree! I hate some of the logo clothes they offer. If it makes you feel better Millie is 13 months and already wearing 18 to 2t clothes... partly because of the cloth diaper bit and her butt being huge in them but I read somewhere to save money, always buy big so they can wear them for a while :) She sure looks cute!
ReplyDeleteLacy- actually she's wearing a cream with tiny pink polka dot onesie but you can't tell in the picture :-)
ReplyDelete