She was a big baby, I guess. 9 lbs 3 oz. But when I held her the first time, she seemed so small!
And she was 20 1/4 inches long.
Honestly after I gave birth to her, everything was happy and easy. No more being preggers!
Matt was a natural, as he is with many things in life.
I was pretty happy :-)
She still hates getting in the car seat (so nothing new here), but this is the picture of her first time in it.
She was born on a Friday night, this is us on Sunday at about 1PM leaving the hospital. I expected my stomach to look like this, but still a little humbling to see in a photo. Real life!
We had visitors at home later that day.
Our friends, the Drapeaus, gave birth to Rachel a week later. Here are the two daddies showing off their little daughters.
Two week check up
I won't do this a lot, but it was a fun feeling to dress the same.
The bout with baby acne was kind of weird. I was not prepared for it because people asked questions like "is that normal" or "I feel so bad for her." Yes, it's normal, that's why they call it baby acne!
Strange desire to be anti-pink...
Little girl at about 5 weeks.
Took her to Picture People at six weeks.
I think she's kinda cute.
And we're pretty happy so far.
She really is a great baby. At night she sleeps from about 9-5AM (approx 8 hours) then after eating she'll go back down for another two or three. Beyond that she has been mostly predictable, which for babies is a great trait to possess. Currently she is learning to GIGGLE (just did it last night for the first time - so cute!) and hold objects in her hand for over ten minutes at a time. She is beyond sweet, you guys. I suppose lots of babies are, but being her mommy is making me see babies at an entirely new angle. There's something about a child who has not yet been polluted by the world that is refreshing and almost intriguing.
Soon, perhaps next, I will tell you about the birth story. Although I am sure my memory will not serve me well nine weeks after the fact.


















No comments:
Post a Comment