There is a blog called The Cupcakery which posts occasional recipes. Once I found the recipe for the Ultra Decadent Diva Divine Chocolate Cupcake, I knew I must attempt them. Ok, and I did my own frosting, and I took out the "diva" part (Godiva liqueur). But let me tell you:
THEY TURNED OUT AMAZING!!!!!
ULTRA DECADENT DIVINE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE
4 oz. semi-sweet bakers chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar (mine was somewhat sweet)
2 tablespoons Hershey's syrup
1. Preheat open to 375
2. In a bowl, microwave chocolate in 30-second intervals until all pieces are melted when stirred. Let cool.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Beat butter on medium till creamy.
5. Add sugar, beat.
6. Add eggs one at a time, beat.
7. Add chocolate, beat.
8. Gradually add buttermilk, balsamic vinegar, syrup, and flour till all parts are incorporated.
9. Use cupcake scoop to put in paper liners. Bake 17 minutes.
10. Let the cupcakes thoroughly cool.
ULTRA DECADENT CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 ounces neufchatel cheese (aka light cream cheese), softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2+ cups powdered sugar
Combine all ingredients with electric mixer and add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Refrigerate.
Frost with piping bag and desired tip when ready to eat.
ENJOY!
Wow...I must try this!
ReplyDelete