Kaitlin's got a bunch of boogers, so we know she's sick. Here's hoping that it doesn't escalade to an ear infection!
Matt is in week #2 of his new position at Lowes. It's been slow-going so far, and we're praying that things pick up. But I think he is enjoying the novelty of avoiding closing shifts and not having to put freight away. It's the little things.
I've been focusing a lot this past week on not apologizing or feeing guilty about my imperfections. There's always room for improvement, but we should be patient and graceful in the process. I have lacked both in recent past. God has been good to give discerning friendships and a truthful husband to help me grow.
Since Kaitlin now sleeps 12 hours a night, eats one solid food a day, and only nurses five times daily, I suppose you can say that the weaning process has begun. I'm in denial. Those of you who have nursed children know what it is like to constantly be in a mindset that says "Is the baby hungry? I can't run errands yet because I need to feed the baby first. I've been working three hours already, it's past time to pump." I'm still struggling a bit with the latter mindset when at work, but then remind myself that this is weaning. I should grasp ahold of the newfound freedom and not worry so much about being a slave to the breast pump.
Lastly, we are putzing around in the real estate market. Found a new condo (2008) we're semi-interested in. But there's more praying, number crunching, and asking around that we have to do first. Even if it never comes to fruition, it is kind of fun looking around and seeing what's out there. And realizing we can actually afford to pay a mortgage.
All for now. Time to feed the little lady!
You have a very easy baby! None of mine have been at 5 feedings or less anywhere close to that age.
ReplyDeleteI'd just encourage you to keep nursing, and keep nursing...even if you get down to 1 or 2 feedings per day, do it as long as you can. It's so much better for both of you. I regret not nursing my two older boys longer than I did (14 1/2 months for Joe, 16 1/2 months for Zach). But they were much crazier about the whole nursing thing than Katie appears to be. (And, I've heard that's normal with boys/girls.)