Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 5

In a moment of indecisiveness last night I whipped a quick dinner together of completely opposing tastes: Vegetable Fried Rice and Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts. The rice was flavored with Bragg's Liquid Aminos. This stuff tastes almost exactly like soy sauce, but does not contain the added salt and preservatives that soy sauce has. And like soy sauce, if you add too much then it will be really salty-tasting. Oops.


And then. The Brussels Sprouts. THE brussels sprouts. They were amazing. Roasted with salt, pepper, olive oil and quality balsamic vinegar (made at the Olive Mill in Geneva, IL), these babies were like eating candy. And who can say this about brussels sprouts? We can. Go. Try them. Now.


Today I had more than my fill of refried beans and pistachios (eaten separately) so I wasn't too hungry for dinner.
I made this delicious Salad.



And I am making Lentil Stew to freeze and eat leftover.



No comments:

Post a Comment