Good afternoon.
Today is a bit harder regarding the Daniel Fast. By "harder" I simply mean that I don't feel swell, and when you don't feel swell it's hard to want to make healthy choices. I ended up having an allergic reaction to my granola (I'm allergic to certain raw nuts and fruit). So last night I took Benadryl, and woke up this morning feeling extremely groggy, fatigued and slightly grumpy. I don't think this is a by-product of the fast, but rather of the medicine. I'm a bit bummed because now I've felt weak and tired all day. I was so looking forward to feeling amazing due to eating such healthy food. :-)
Ah well. Move on.
I had the same oats and fruit for breakfast. For a snack, I ate a fresh tropical fruit salsa from Whole Foods with Whole Foods' version of triscuits (which has only two ingredients: whole wheat and salt). And thus, I bought 3 boxes of said triscuits, because we can eat them with hommus, guacamole, salsa, put in soups and eat by themselves. A piece of heaven for my carb-loving-self.
And for lunch, leftover barley vegetable stew from last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment