Sunday, March 6, 2011

Only one woman

I cannot possibly care adequately about all the things I want to care about while being responsible for a 1 year old, working, doing my fair share at home, and managing all of life's immediate demands (like getting sick after eating lunch or finding out a huge report is not due in a week, but today).

In another world I would clip coupons, prepare all my meals on Saturday, exercise, redecorate my house according to the seasons, do the laundry in real time, read books on faith, music, marriage and parenting, practice the piano, play the piano for fun, study French, journal more than a page a day, do everything my husband asks me to do after only the first request, and deep clean frequently.

There are days when I can accept my reality and simply get done what I can.

Other days, like today, I feel perpetually guilty and insufficient.

This song has been close to my heart over the years. Perhaps if you resonate, you might enjoy some encouragement too.

No comments:

Post a Comment