Each year, my kid's interest in tradition makes holidays all the more exciting from my perspective. I hope she grows up to appreciate the change in seasons, and the fun celebrations that go along with. I could take or leave halloween, but I love autumn in New England. Celebrating this season should be a requirement for New England residents. I digress.
Salem in the fall
We recently took a trip to the pumpkin patch and selected four pumpkins (it was really just a grassy area on a farm where they placed pumpkins). Farms in New England are so fun!
They were the perfect addition to our front porch.
We had a storm that ripped through town. Leaves fell everywhere, which was kind of a bummer, but it checkered the sidewalks so beautifully. I snapped this pic while walking through my neighborhood.
Unfortunately the storm caused a lot of problems for us. A huge tree uprooted and fell on local power lines, knocking out our power twice in 48 hours, the first outage lasting 24 hours. That was awful...okay, it was actually kind of fun. :-) But it did make a mess of our front porch!
We also had a blast carving the pumpkins as a family. Kaitlin is too little to do the knife carving herself, so she was a great little cheerleader.
And finally, I tried my hand at roasting pumpkin seeds for the first time! We had them three ways - salted, "spanish" style with smoked paprika, and "bbq" style with brown sugar, chipotle pepper powder and cumin. So delicious!








No comments:
Post a Comment