Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ProcrastiMountaineering

I have never climbed a mountain. I probably never will. But recently I've been obsessed with reading about or watching it. Very strange. Very exhilarating! (To me, at least)

Alas, "Into Thin Air" by John Krakauer was an excellent read. I would recommend it to anyone who is into adventure/suspense. Based on a horrific true story.

One of my long time favorite nonfiction novels is "Alive: The Story of the Andes Survivors" by Piers Paul Read. Both are similar in nature, and both are catastrophic death-and-life stories. Matt makes fun of me because of my fascination with disasters. He has every right to - it is pretty odd, considering I'm an overly safe person. Chilean miners, Air France flight 447, Perfect Storm, etc....I've watched documentaries on them all.

Now that I've conquered one item on my summer "to do" list, I should probably get back to grading those tests...

No comments:

Post a Comment