I've been breast feeding for over three months now. Everyone told me that baby weight would come right off if I breast feed but that has not been the case with me. I am pretty frustrated (and struggling with jealousy of others) about this and I would like my pre-pregnancy body back, even though it needed some TLC to begin with.
9 months in, 9 months out my dear! I am still working for my pre-pregnancy body and it's been 14 months since Millie was born. All in due time...
ReplyDeletesome weomen retain the weight until after they quit brest-feeding, so don't get discouraged.
ReplyDeletemy breastfeeding didn't seem to impact my eating habits or activity level, which of course are what dictates whether or not you lose weight. Keep in mind also that your body goes in to a different mode when you are not sleeping normally, and as such is most likely going to go into a caloric conservation mode since you're not "performing" at an optimized state.
ReplyDeleteI think there are a number of factors that contribute; first your sleeping has to normalize, then your nerves (which could take much longer than you want them too), and then your own ability to schedule things.
These days I often find that I have the time and energy to exercise and think more about what I'm eating but I honestly cannot make the logistics work. I really wish I had a treadmill or could afford a gym membership w/ built-in daycare, but that's not the case right now.
Breastfeeding is not a magic bullet...and honestly you need to be careful of any mentality that is so black and white as to make grandiose promises only to disappoint. Despite talk to the contrary, weight lose is a simple matter of burning more calories than you consume, and trying to put the effort in to reforming your figure when you are taking care of an infant is an undertaking I have yet to master.