Jesus said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (New Living Translation)
My weaknesses seem vast in number today. I have learned so much these past few months about teaching, responsibility, and motherhood. I can't expect myself to be great in anything without experience (one can learn a lot in textbooks, classrooms, and from talking with others, but it always comes down to the actual experience). Pridefully I hate that certain inevitable period of time when I must learn from mistakes so transparently in front of others. Yet, it is better to be in a position of humility than pride. I want to learn. I want to get better at teaching in a classroom. I want to be a responsible individual, and I certainly want to be the best mother possible to Katie. These things can't come without doing some stuff wrong first. And that's what I'm learning about right now. It's a comfort to know that life is not about me and the "great things" I can do. The message of the cross is a simple one - God is perfect and I'm far from it. Thanks be to Him that His son bridged the gap between my sin (and weakness) and His glory (and perfection).
"His strength is perfect when our strength is gone; He'll carry us when we can't carry on; Raised in His power, the weak become strong." (Words from the old school Stephen Curtis Chapman song, "His Strength is Perfect.")
No comments:
Post a Comment