Life for us has been, well, lacking. I'm starting to get to the point where I think other people are tired of hearing about our sob story, how we have no friends, no family nearby, Matt's job is awful, bla bla bla. I am even tired of saying it. The only bright spot for us seems to be my job, which is a blessing in more ways than one.
Tomorrow I have a meeting with the college provost. I will be signing a full-time contract for the coming year, a contract which includes more money, benefits, and less hours than I've been putting in during my 3 years at this institution. Wow!
My mom just completed an 11-day visit here in MA. I'm particularly sad at her leaving. The older Kaitlin gets, the more I want her to know her family. And the longer we go on here with no fam/friends, the lonelier I get too. It was so nice to have her here!
Before that we went to IL for a family wedding, and we will be returning again this weekend for Matt to preach at our old church (and attend a church-family wedding).
We will be putting Kaitlin in daycare this fall, but I do not know where. There is a bit of anxiety related to getting this squared away.
An outsider would argue that the only missing piece to our family puzzle is Matt's incompatible job (which he hopes to depart from at some point). However, we're so in need of community that our hearts just ache. Every day is a bit harder than the one before. So we're eagerly waiting for the change that we know must come. And we're in definite need of patience!
That's all my time allows for. Peace out, friends.
Thanks for the update! So sad to hear about your lack of community. It is so important! It has changed our life here in Wisconsin. I pray that you will sense God's clarity in His perfect timing. It is often not our timing...which is so hard! Love you much! You will be in my thoughts and prayers
ReplyDeleteJess! Yous guys need to come visit us in RI for a weekend, whenever! Also, have you tried the website meetup.com? I have used many times in the apst when I've moved, and it's a great resource to make new friends. They have groups for everything, such as mom's groups, couples' groups, gym, restaurant, active life, everything! Anyways, hope I'll get to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteI definitely understand your need for community! I feel the need for community, but we live in the town I grew up in, crazy, I know. I think that mainly it is because I am home all day with my two babes, and it is easier sometimes to stay home instead of getting out into life :-) But, there is a wonderful presence of community online that I think is extremely helpful.
ReplyDelete